This morning, Attorney General Sessions announced the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrival (DACA) program will end in early 2018. Below are some highlights of the memorandum published today:
APPLICATIONS FOR RENEWAL
– DACA renewal applications accepted by today’s date (9/5/2017) will be adjudicated.
– If an individual already has DACA and his or her status expires between 9/5/2017 and 3/5/2018, he or she may file a renewal application before 10/5/2017.
– No new applications for Advance Parole will be accepted as of 9/5/2017.
– Any pending applications for Advance Parole will be administratively closed and fees will be refunded.
– Any already issued Advance Parole documents will generally still be valid.
– Current validly held DACA status and work authorization documents will not be terminated. They will remain valid until the expiration date listed on the document.
A full list of Frequently Asked Questions from the DHS is available here: https://tinyurl.com/y9ptpepg