U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) charges a filing fee to process most of the applications the agency receives. The filing fee varies depending on the petition or application submitted to USCIS. You can view a full list of USCIS filing fees here.

In the past, the filing fee had to be submitted to USCIS via a check or money order. Recently, USCIS announced it will now accept payments via credit card (Visa, MasterCard, American Express or Discover) for over 40 different forms. You can view the full list of forms here.

The announcement comes with the issuance of a new form, Form G-1450, Authorization for Credit Card Transaction. Applicants wishing to pay the filing fee for their application with a credit card will need to complete Form G-1450 and submit it along with their application. Once USCIS has processed the payment, the Form G-1450 will be properly destroyed.

If you are a client of Lopez Immigration Law and would like to pay your filing fee with a credit card, we will gladly prepare Form G-1450 for you.

For information on your specific situation, we recommend you use our contact form to schedule an appointment with our office. We would be glad to help you determine the best option for you.